Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Jam - Compact Snap (1997)

1. In The City
2. All Around The World
3. The Modern World
4. News Of The World
5. David Watts
6. A Bomb In Wardour Street
7. Down In The Tube Station At Midnight
8. Strange Town
9. When You're Young
10. Smithers-Jones
11. The Eton Rifles
12. Going Underground
13. Dreams Of Children
14. That's Entertainment
15. Start!
16. Funeral Pyre
17. Absolute Beginners
18. Town Called Malice
19. Precious
20. The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow)

Video: A Bomb In Wardour Street- Live


A Bomb In Wardour Street (lyrics)

Where the streets are pave with blood,
With cataclysmic overtones
Fear and hate linger in the air
A strictly no-go deadly zone
I dont know what Im doing here
cause its not my scene at all
Theres an a bomb in wardour street
Theyve called in the army, theyve called in the police

Im stranded on the vortex floor
My heads been kicked in and bloods started to poor
Through the haze I can see my girl
Fifteen geezers got her pinned to the door

Theres an a bomb in wardour street, its blown up the city
Now its spreading through the country

Law and order takes a turn for the worst,
In the shape of a size 10 boot
Rape and murder throughout the land,
And they tell me that youre still a free man
Well if this is freedom I dont understand
cause it seems like madness to me.

a bomb in wardour street.
Hate bomb, hate bomb, hate bomb, hate bomb!

A philistine nation, of degradation,
And hate and war. there must be more.
Its doctor martins a p o c a l y p s e - apocalypse!

Labels: