Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Style Council - Long Hot Summer

Video: The Style Council - Long Hot Summer
Live in Japan (1984)


Lyrics: The Style Council - Long Hot Summer

I play out my role
Why Ive even been out walking
They tell me that it helps
But I know when Im beaten
All those lonely films
And all those lonely parties
But now the feeling is off-screen
An the tears for real not acted, anymore

Im all mixed up inside
I want to run but I cant hide
And however much we try
We cant escape the truth and the fact is

Dont matter what I do
It dont matter what I do
Dont matter what I do
Dont matter what I do
Dont matter what I do
cause I end up hurting you

One more covered sigh
And one more glance you know means goodbye
Cant you see thats why
Were dashing ourselves against the rocks of a lifetime

(in my mind different voices call)
What once was pleasure nows pain for us all
(in my heart only shadows fall)
I once stood proud now I feel so small
(I dont know whether to laugh or cry)
The long hot summer just passed me by

Source: www.lyricsfreak.com

Labels: , , ,