Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Jam - Live Jam (2002)

1. Modern World
2. Billy Hunt
3. Thick As Thieves
4. Burning Sky
5. Mr Clean
6. Smithers Jones
7. Little Boy Soldiers
8. Eton Rifles
9. Away From The Numbers
10. Down In The Tube Station At Midnight
11. Strange Town
12. When You're Young
13. A Bomb In Wardour Street
14. Pretty Green
15. Boy About Town
16. Man In The Corner Shop
17. David Watts
18. Funeral Pyre
19. Move On Up
20. Carnation
21. Butterfly Collector
22. Precious
23. Town Called Malice
24. Heatwave

Video: Pretty Green


Pretty Green (lyrics)

I've got a pocket full of pretty green -
I'm gonna put it in the fruit machine -
I'm gonna put it in the juke box -
It's gonna play all the records in the hit parade -
This is the pretty green - this is society
You can't do nothing - unless it's in the pocket
- oh no -

I've got a pocket full of pretty green
I'm gonna give it to the man behind the counter
He's gonna give me food and water -
I'm gonna eat that and look for more -

And they didn't teach me that in school -
It's something that I learnt on my own -
That power is measured by the pound or the fist -
It's as clear as this oh -

I've got a pocket full of Pretty Green!

Labels: