Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Style Council - Confessions of a Pop Group (1988)

1. It's A Very Deep Sea
2. The Story Of Someone's Shoe
3. Changing of The Guard
4. The Little Boy In A Castle(A) Dove Flew Down From The Elephant(B)
5. The Garden Of Eden
6. Life At The Top Peoples Health Farm
7. Why I Went Missing
8. How She Threw It All Away
9. Iwasadoledadstoyboy
10. Confessions 1, 2, & 3
11. Confessions Of A Pop Group

Video: It's A Very Deep Sea


It's A Very Deep Sea (lyrics)

Ill keep on diving til I reach the ends,
Dredging up the past to drive me round the bendz,
What is it in me that I cant forget
I keep finding so much that I now regret.
But no, on I go down into the depths
Turning things over that are better left
Dredging up the past that has gone for good
Trying to polish up what is rotting wood.

Something inside takes me down again
Diving not for goblets but tin cans
Dredging up the past for reasons so rife
Passing bits of wrecks that once passed for life.

But Ill keep on diving till I drown the sea,
Of things not worth, even mentioning
Perhaps Ill come to the surface and come to my senses
But its a very deep sea around my own devizes.

Diving, diving.

Labels: ,