Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Paul Weller - Illumination (2002)

Disc: 1
1. Going Places
2. A Bullet For Everyone
3. Leafy Mysteries
4. Its Written In The Stars
5. Who Brings Joy
6. Now The Night Is Here
7. Spring (At Last)
8. One x One
9. Bag Man
10. All Good Books
11. Call Me No 5
12. Standing Out In The Universe
13. Illumination

Disc: 2
1. Sunflower (Video - Live From Hyde Park)
2. You Do Something To Me (Video - Live From Hyde Park)
3. Standing Out In The Universe (Video - Live From Hyde Park)
4. It's Written In The Stars (Video)

Video: Leafy Mysteries


Leafy Mysteries (lyrics)

and these leafy mysteries
and the silence of the eve
and in the shady trees I swing
& in the dappled orchards heat
where I lie & wait
wait for the breeze
to carry me

to a place I can lose myself
no time just somewhere else
with a face I can recognise
-I forget sometimes
thats always been here

And all these leafy mysteries
& the changing of the seas
& all the secrets of the tide
just open up the world I find-
so small to me
when theres so much to see
so much to be

day up & the grasses hiss
get up! Like sweet lips they kiss
see now that youre part of it
I forget sometimes
Thats always been here

And these leafy mysteries
Have always been & always will
& in the shady trees I swing
& in the dappled orchards heat
-where I lie & wait
wait for the breeze
to hunger me-
wait for the trees
to breathe in to me

Labels: